4 March 2024
We are proud to be accredited by the Good Business Charter. That means we meet their 10 components that recognise responsible business practices.
The GBC is a UK-based, independent not-for-profit organisation. They measure real living wage, fairer hours and contracts, employee well-being, employee representation, diversity and inclusion, environmental responsibility, paying fair tax, commitment to customers, ethical sourcing, and prompt payment.
GBC Accreditation helps us celebrate doing business in the right way and uphold standards to make sure we’re building a place where people are happy working, as well as making a positive impact on society and the planet.
As an organisation we commit to:
- Pay our directly employed and regularly contracted staff the real living wage as defined by the Living Wage Foundation.
- Only use zero or minimal hours contracts when it is mutually beneficial and accepted by both us and the employee.
- Actively support and encourage employee well-being treating those with legitimate sickness in a fair and respectful manner and promote access to impartial support and advice for employees with physical and mental health needs.
- Having a way where every employee can make suggestions or raise issues with senior management.
- Have robust measures in place to encourage diversity at key stages of recruitment, selection and retention of employees and to prevent harassment or victimisation in the workplace.
- Encourage the development of good environmental practice as an organisation, seeking to minimise our impact and commit to improve it.
- Pay our taxes where applicable, only use tax allowances for the purpose intended, and be transparent in our relationship with HMRC.
- Address and learn from stakeholder feedback, seeking to put negative issues right.
- Ethical sourcing of anything we purchase, such as by applying standards set out in the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code where relevant.
- Paying our suppliers promptly, and within at least 30 days.
Being a responsible business and doing things the right way is a fundamental part of our beliefs at Little Motel. This accrediation is another exciting step in our journey.Matt CochraneStudio Director